Risk Management (specific) - Fund Directors and Conducting Officers
The objective of this course is to provide fund directors and conducting officers, who are not necessarily risk managers, but are nonetheless responsible for risk management in a fund, with a good understanding of the principles, methods and tools of risk management and governance and how they apply to UCITS funds and alternative investment funds. The course is practical and will be delivered by practitioners from the fund industry, who will explain how risks in investment funds are identified, measured, managed and reported.
- Basic principles of fund governance for risk management
- Roles and responsibilities of fund directors and conducting officers regarding risk management
- Impact of regulatory differences between UCITS funds and alternative funds for fund directors
- Risk reporting requirements for UCITS funds and alternative funds
- Case studies
- Future trends impacting fund governance
This module is NOT part of the Professional Certification in Risk Management.
People working in the fund industry who want to acquire a good understanding of fund governance, the roles and responsibilities of fund directors and conducting officers.